El Segundo,California,United States6J7BP3
Boeing Satellite Division in El Segundo is seeking Software Engineers, passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment to design, develop and implement control and communications software for a new fleet of Boeing satellites.
A variety of projects to match diverse interests include:
- Software infrastructure and device drivers for new embedded processors and hardware interfaces to satellite sensors and actuators.
- Communication payload resource control, data management and network interfaces.
- Guidance and navigation control algorithms.
- Web-based tools and services supporting satellite development and operations.
- Integration and test of satellite control software using simulators and ground systems.
- Responsible for full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, design, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
- Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in design and code reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent is preferred.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of software development experience in C++ using object oriented design methods.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of multi-threaded real-time applications; use of TCP/IP protocols and user/kernel level OS abstractions.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with avionics control algorithms, search algorithms and math libraries, telemetry and command handling.
- Hands-on experience with hardware interfaces, embedded processor architectures, I/O device drivers and board support packages.
- Hands-on experience with embedded/real-time OS (Linux, VxWorks, Integrity) and CAN or SpaceWire protocols.
- Hands-on experience in networking, SQL and noSQL databases, web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, Agile process and DevOps tools.
NoSpace and LaunchIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing Company
Associated topics: backend, back end, c++, c#, developer, matlab, php, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer