SUPERVISOR: Manager or Assistant Program Director
The position duties include a wide range of activities related to monitoring employee performance, ensuring all work is completed accurately within specified time frames, and making sure high levels of customer service are provided at all times.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Operates under the direct general supervision of assigned manager or assistant program director. The Supervisor exercises leadership over 5-12 employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work performed under this positon. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitor production, quality control and data integrity of transactions completed by staff
• Conduct the specified percentage level of Quality Control of staff’s files
• Ensure staff meet and/or exceed NMA performance standards
• Ensure staff compliance with the Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan, Standard Operating Procedures and HUD regulations
• Determine staff training needs; Coordinate and provide appropriate training, coaching, etc.
• Completion of Performance Plans, evaluations and disciplinary actions
• Monitor and approve staff time sheets
• Ensure staff provides professional and comprehensive customer service to internal and external customers
• Evaluate procedures and processes and provide recommendations for program excellence
• Promote open communication between teams, departments and divisions
• Provide excellent customer service to participants, landlords, co-workers, clients and vendors
• Obtain certification in Housing Choice Voucher Specialist and Executive Management within 120 days of employment
• Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Leadership: Provide lead direction on special projects or processes by clearly and effectively setting course of action; and manage efficiency of processes, materials or programs by providing regular feedback and reinforcement to appropriate staff as required.
• Performance Excellence: Set high standards of performance; pursue aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency and bring issues to closure; and persist despite obstacles and opposition.
• Customer Service: Meet/exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identify, understand, monitor and measure the needs of both internal and external customers; talk and act with customers in mind; and recognize working colleagues as customers.
• Effective Communication: Ensure important information is passed to those who need to know; convey necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrate attention to, and convey understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listen effectively.
• Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrate a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and do the required fair share of work.
• Integrity: Must abide by strict ethical standards, integrity, objectivity and confidentiality when dealing with client, employee or financial information, and budget analysis and must avoid any personal conflicts of interest.
Education equivalent to a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in Public Administration, Social Science or a closely related field (Master’s Degree preferred). A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience, with three years of supervisory experience.
Ability to read, interpret and understand and apply regulations, Federal, State, local laws and codes. Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including: Excel, Word, Outlook
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...