Multi-Purpose Clerk - 45 Murchison Dr., Millbrae, CA 94030
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position:
At Lucky, we ensure that our stores meet customer expectations by applying the principles of our Customer Connection (Smile, Greet, Engage, Sell, Thank) program. The Multi-Purpose Clerk plays a key role to ensure that our customers needs are met and exceeded by following these principles and providing a remarkable shopping experience.
The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to one of several departments within the store to include Center Store, Produce, Meat/Seafood, Bakery/Deli, or Janitorial. The Clerk is responsible for promoting sales within assigned department, answering our customers questions, responding to customer requests for products, and accurately placing special orders. This role practices safe food handling procedures, keeping work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills. Reliable and dependable.
- Must be available to work a variety of required retail hours.
- Basic store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects up to 40 pounds without assistance.
The Multi-PurposeClerk may be assigned to any of the following assignments/departments:
- Center Store/Front End Operates the check stand according tocompany policy and procedures, memorizes PLU codes and keeps up to datewith new products. Orders, receives, unloads, stocks and rotatesproduct onto shelves and cases in all areas of center store operations.Merchandises product and performs Point-Of Sale (POS) and inventoryactivities.
- Produce - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy ofshipment and quality. Trims, washes, and wraps produce according tocompany policy. Stocks, rotates, and merchandises product tomaintain freshness and department appeal. Maintains floral area bothinside and outside of store. Keeps all areas and equipment of thedepartment clean.
- Meat/Seafood - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracyof shipment and quality. Weighs, wraps/packages and labels productsfor display. Stocks, rotates and merchandises product to maintainfreshness and department appeal. Provides customer service at theseafood counter. Takes special orders for items such as custom cutsof meat or holiday items. May operate equipment such as slicers andwrappers. Keeps all areas and equipment of the department clean.
- Bakery/Deli - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy ofshipment and quality. Prepares, weighs, packages, labels product fordisplay. Stocks, rotates, and merchandises baked goods and deli productsto maintain freshness and department appeal. Takes special ordersfor items such as cakes and party trays. May operate equipment suchas ovens, proofers, and slicers. Keeps all areas and equipment ofthe department clean.
- Janitorial - Maintains cleanliness and sanitation throughout thestore. Sweeps and mops sales floor, front end, back rooms, andrefrigerated areas. Cleans restrooms, break room, office areas, shelvingand cases, front end equipment, shopping carts, and vendingmachines. Cleans front of store and parking lot, and emptiestrash. May operate janitorial equipment such as scrubbers andbuffers.
- Pharmacy - Operates the pharmacy register according to companypolicy and procedures and keeps up to date with new products. Takesprescriptions from customers for the pharmacist to process and handlescompleted orders for customers at the register. Maintains cleanliness andsanitation throughout the department. Must maintain confidentialityat all times.Sweeps and mops sales floor, front end, back rooms, andrefrigerated areas.
- May operate forklift if authorized and certified.
- May operate baler if authorized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, bend,twist, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects.
- Must be able to lift 40pounds
Some of our awesome benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).Save Mart Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...